Ever wondered what the little pictures are that appear on the screen when you are watching a TikTok Live?
During livestreams, messages appear amongst the sea of comments from users that say ‘xx sent a xx’ accompanied by a small animated picture, for example, of a rose.
Although this may seem like the user is simply sending across a supportive emoji, the pictures are actually called ‘gifts’ and equate to different amounts of cash, which users can send to TikTokers whose content they enjoy.
The Lion is the most expensive gift available on TikTok, but how much is it worth?
Let’s find out.
How much is a lion worth on TikTok?
The Lion Gift is worth 29,999 virtual coins which equates to $405 (£325).
As it is such an expensive gift, the Lion is very rarely seen on TikTok Live’s.
When a Lion is sent to someone during a Live, a virtual lion appears on the screen and roars at the creator and at the viewers. making it a very flamboyant way of showing your appreciation for content.
Aside from the lion, there are many other much cheaper gifts you can send to creators, such as Panda, which costs five virtual coins ($0.12/£0.09) or Concert, which cost 500 coins ($6.49/£5.22).
How to send a gift on TikTok
If you want to send a gift on TikTok during a live stream, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Join the livestream of you favourite creator.
- Click on the ‘gift’ icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Choose the gift you would like to send and click on it.
- If you don’t have enough TikTok coins, you can click on ‘recharge’ which will allow you to top up your coins using real money.
- After selecting your gift, click ‘send’ and watch it appear on the screen
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below