Published 2 June 2023
Join the Royal Life Saving team in the role of Content and Digital Communications Executive
- Challenge yourself in a role that requires you to be creative, flexible, and strategic while making this job your own.
- Use your digital communications skills to drive awareness campaigns to prevent drowning and increase water safety.
- Permanent full-time role, based in Ultimo with hybrid working opportunities.
WHO WE ARE – ROYAL LIFE SAVING SOCIETY – AUSTRALIA (RLSSA)
The Royal Life Saving Society – Australia strives to reduce drowning, increase physical activity in and around water, as well as contribute to creating a resilient community across Australia.
Our vision: A water-loving nation free from drowning.
We want to help all Australians enjoy the water safely through drowning prevention leadership, education and action. We want to bring a love of swimming and water safety education to more people in the community, especially those who may not otherwise have the opportunity to participate.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Royal Life Saving Society – Australia is looking for an experienced Content and Digital Communications Executive to join our Marketing and Communications team.
The Content and Digital Communications Executive is pivotal in driving Royal Life Saving’s advocacy and public awareness activities of drowning prevention and water safety issues through digital communications, marketing, and public awareness campaigns.
You will work in collaboration with a network of stakeholders to grow the social media channels and website by creating creative content that will grow engagement, community, and brand value.
This position will also provide marketing and communications support to guide the development and delivery of EDMs, publications and other communication materials.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Based in Ultimo with hybrid working opportunities, the role is working with a great team, and offers a range of employee benefits including salary packaging, professional development opportunities and an employee assistance program.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
As our Content and Digital Communications Executive, you would be required to;
- Plan, develop, manage and execute social media across all platforms including daily monitoring.
- Prepare and deliver reports with a focus on data insights, key learnings and strategy development.
- Work with designers/suppliers to provide supporting content including video and social media assets including tiles and animations.
- Manage and update website pages, ensuring content is relevant, engaging and in line with the brand
- Provide marketing and communications support with the ability to write and/or edit content for media releases, EDMS, external publications and other communication materials.
- Facilitate media monitoring including use of tracking portal and generation of impact reports
- Support State and Territory Member Organisations in their communication and marketing activities.
- Proactively share digital insights and reports with the RLSSA team.
- Undertake other duties consistent with the level of this position.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You will have proven experience across social media, content creation, website, digital marketing, copy writing and public relations.
With a real passion for all things digital, you will have a nous for storytelling to build audience engagement across different platforms.
You will be a team player with demonstrable skills in collaborating in small teams to get the job done.
You will also need to bring agile thinking, initiative and a can-do attitude.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital role – ideally with an understanding of how not-for-profits operate.
- Experience using and managing business social media accounts (including analytics) for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube.
- Experience with social media scheduling tools, website content management systems, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Microsoft Office, Adobe and Canva.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including copywriting skills.
- Good presentation, stakeholder management and networking skills.
- Solid understanding of storytelling to build audiences, engagement and activations.
- An ability to work under pressure, autonomously and in a fast-paced environment.
- Brilliant time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative attitude with a commitment to teamwork and contribution as a team player.
- Proactive and committed.
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Fully vaccinated with an approved Covid-19 vaccination in line with the ATAGI guidelines which include booster shots. We have a medical exemption process and would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
How to Apply:
Please forward your application by sending your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position taking into consideration the qualifications, experience and skills required as outlined in the full position description.
For further information, or to apply, please contact/send your application to:
Monique Sharp, National Manager Marketing and Events | M: 0403 428 616 | E: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 16th June 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.